The Perfect Weekend Getaway Spot!
I stayed at Lake Palace for the weekend with my friends and it was one of the most relaxing trips I've taken in a long time. Being very particular about the kind of hotel experience I prefer, I was delightfully surprised at how well Lake Palace met all the criteria on my checklist - great food, wonderful views, outdoor activities, a beautiful room with a jacuzzi tub, a well-stocked bar and great staff! Here are my recommendations:
- View- It's a lakefront property so you get to enjoy the unspoilt greenery of Kerala in all its glory. Ask for a lake view room -you'll get to see the sun setting over the lake and it's gorgeous.
- Food - try the chef's special Kandari Fish (steamed fish with a green chilly based paste - they can adjust the spice to your level on request.) The breakfast buffet is good too, with freshly baked Danishes and croissants.
- Outdoor activities - they have a great pool, kayaking, fishing by the lakeside and sprawling lawns to play on - great if you're travelling with kids as well!
- Rooms - the rooms are super clean, well maintained, luxurious yet cosy and the highlight for me was the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.
- Overall feel - this is a great place to go for a weekend getaway, as a couple, with friends or even for families. They even have a mini theatre with recliner seats and can play movies on request. From the friendly staff to the peaceful ambience, Lake Palace lives up to its name. I can't wait to go back there!